
Recently, I came across some very inspiring designs by collage artists Greg Lamarche of Boston, MA. His style is based on a very clean and bold typographic approach. The design personality on the work shown is almost geared towards graffiti. Designs like these are the ones that I can identify with the most. Most of my designs as a graffiti artist more or less related to this approach. The CS4 campaign project for my Art 454 class at Cal-State LA will definitely use some of the visual elements seen here for one of the full sized magazine spreads my partner Ana and I will be presenting. This may just take care of one of the many challenges that this project entails, such as the other two approaches directly relating to the ad, layouts, typography and so on. So far its one idea down an two to go. More details will follow as we go along.
3 comments:
I think you can totally pull off something that is graffiti like as long as it appeals to graphic designers and is tasteful. I enjoyed your finding, thanks for sharing
Research is the best, because it hints you some ideas and makes your creative process better and better.
Graffitti art is amazing. I think your project will end up looking great.
Post a Comment