Sunday, October 19, 2008
Art 454, Adobe CS4 Campaign
So my classmates for Art 454 (Advertising) and I are supposed to develop a campaign for the new Adobe CS4 software for our second project. I'm speculating that this project will probably be the most challenging yet. First of all, the product obviously exists and is already being sold. Second, the software already has a very successful reputation and is the benchmark in design work across the world. Third, the thing costs up to a couple thousand dollars for people who aren't staff or students. The toughest thing about it though, is developing a successful advertisement campaign for something that has its own methods of being succesful. The interesting aspect of this project is that I have hardly seen any printed campaigns for CS4. Most of its advertisments have been seen in seminars, conferences and through online promotions and demos. A full 2 page spread in a magazine is going to be a tough thing to pull off in this case. However, I'm sure that we'll be able to pull it of successfully. I actually can't wait to see what kind of stuff my classmates will be popping out with. The California propositions LA Times ads were pretty outrageous, so I have to give everyone kudos for that. Let's make this happen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree....This project would be great project that we can improve our skills of designing sort of corporate identity ads, and also this is the first printed ad for CS4 in the magazine.
I would have to agree with you Christian in wanting to see what this project brings out of our classmates. I like this challenge because of the demographic and age group requirements that we must fulfill to fully be successfully in drawing the most attention out of would-be buyers. Let's see what happens!
Post a Comment