Sunday, June 1, 2008

Typorgraphy and Design on Timepieces (watches)


For as long as i can remember, I have always been into watches; their construction, the lettering, the mechanics. Nowadays I try to keep myself informed with many of the new trends and designs of watches and how they impact the market. Nixon has had a huge impact in the last 2 years. They started off really small and now they have big name artists promoting their products. The watches are trendy and nice to look at, but they are not timeless. So they'll last for as long as they keep coming out in magazines and musci videos, but you really can't mess with the big boys, like omega, cartier and patek phillipes. I mean, these are big name watches that we only have the priveledge to look at (for now). 

I really don't think it matters who is chosing, but if that person had to choose between a $1000 rolex or a $1000 nixon, they'd be a fool not to take the rolex. Not just because f the name, but because of the timeless desgn that these watches hold. The designs feature big watch faces, classic typefaces and sleek construction that you can't tell what year they were made. The thing about timepieces are that although they are a fashion item, they hold unique characteristics that seperate them from jewelry and other fashion items. They hold a mechanical significance that adds for a small item with a lot of detail. Check out the photo and note all the detail....  

No comments: