Sunday, June 1, 2008

Undergard Art Exhibition at Cal-State LA

The undergaduate art exhibiton on campus was really inspiring. However, I was extremely disappointed that Jimmy Moss specifically said that the exhbiton was for design-related work only. This was not actually true. I turned in a few pieces that were for my design classes. However, the exhibition was actually a fine arts exhibition, which sucked because i didn't submit any of my paintings and sculptures, which i thought would have been pretty cool for the exhibition. I was actually very upset because its been a while since I wanted to showcase a lot of my stuff. 

On the plus side, one of my typography posters was chosen for the exhbition, which was awesome. I've been wanting some of my work to get shown, so it was a nice feeling to see it mounted on that lit wall. Now I can't wait for the senior project. I'm already gathering ideas for it and I'm thinking it might be very successful. It was cool to see all of the other work designed by my peers and how they compare and contrast to my own owrk. It really shows what your strengths and weaknesses are as a designer, and you can use that to your advantage.

No comments: